Pump Lane Equine Veterinary Clinic
Pump Lane Stables
Pump Lane North
Tel: 01628 477219
Data Protection Officer:
Sara Mauthoor BVetMed MRCVS
Partner Pump Lane Equine Veterinary Clinic
We store some or all of the following data of clients of this practice:
Full name and title.
Postal and yard address.
Relevant telephone numbers including those of third parties related to you such as family members, loan/shared owners, yard manager, trainers, agents etc.
Relevant email addresses including those of third parties related to you such family members, loan/shared owners, yard manager, trainers, agents etc.
Relevant professional or personal Website addresses.
Purpose of the data stored:
We store the above data to allow the following:
- Enable us to invoice you for services provided to your animal
- To contact you regarding appointments
- To contact you in an emergency
- To enable us to keep an accurate clinical history
- To enable us to send you relevant documents for example passport applications, insurance documents, prescriptions, rehabilitation programs, useful information regarding a relevant problem/disease.
- To send you occasional relevant factual general information regarding this practice or animal health.
The legal basis for storing your data is:
- To fulfil the contract between this practice and you for the provision of animal care (routine, emergency and preventative). The provision of the data is a contractual requirement for clients of this practice.
For the following legitimate business interests:
- Preventative healthcare
- Practice updates of equipment or staff.
- Processing insurance claims
- SMS vaccination or appointment reminders
- The registration of your animal with a third party such as a breed society, passport authority or microchip data base.
- Emailing of documents relevant to you or your animal.
- Reminders for preventive healthcare such as vaccinations or dental examinations etc.
- To allow us to gather feedback on the performance of the practice to enable us to provide better care to you and your animals
Third party recipients of your data:
The following may receive some or all of the data that we hold on you:
- Out of hours service provider
- SMS provider
- Our debt collection services
- Accounts service providers
The period of time your data is stored for:
It is a requirement that we keep your data for 7 years.
Your rights regarding your data:
- You have the right to request your data in a readable form. We must provide access to the personal data that we hold on you within 1 month of any application received.
- You have the right to have the data held by us to be removed. You can request that your personal data is deleted or removed unless there is a compelling reason for the continued use of the data by this business.